Thread: SaveHollywood Alternative for Snow Leopard

SaveHollywood Alternative for Snow Leopard

I want to know about an alternative for the SaveHollywood for my Snow Leopard. I have not liked that Video Screensaver. Maybe because I also don't know much about it. So I thought that you guys can explain me. So provide some information about the SaveHollywood and also tell your suggestions about that Screensaver.!! Hoping to get some replies earlier.

Re: SaveHollywood Alternative for Snow Leopard

You will have to use a QuickTime or Flash as a screen saver for running the SaveHollywood. The following are some Features of it :
    • Play in full size or full screen
    • Select a movie or a folder or multiple files / folders
    • Option to have the soundtrack is not played
    • Selecting the background color
    • Supports multi-monitors

I think that it would be better for you to go for Mach Desktop. Mach Desktop is a server that allows a software company to develop, organize and rapidly deploy usage patterns with a wide audience. This OEM Product provides mobility information and extends your software solutions without breaking the volume of usage tips. With Mach Desktop, your application is available for regular Web users, limited users profile, users occasionally connected, the Wi-Fi users and users of other mobile terminals located at the network edge. In addition, Mach Desktop provides a unified presentation layer for multiple applications and content sources. The user is thus able to optimize decision making. All these features are accessible from a single server which also includes security tools and management.

I already knew this saver and I really appreciate it. The concept is stupid, but he had to. And by the way, know that this is a good way to watch videos in full screen when you do not have the pro version of quicktime. By cons, there really is unfortunate to note that only Quicktime is used to play videos and flash. For the latter, many flash sequences are more readable with quicktime and this for a while ... So bad.

Within the category "professional video editing, belong video editing tools so that Adobe Premiere and Apple Final Cut , which are the standard used in professional film and video production house, plus advanced video-makers they want total control of its production. These video editing software professional can cut a single frame, to slow or accelerate your video or audio tracks, add filters and special effects, as in the Hollywood film production professionals. Most of them also includes support interlacing, chroma-key, video editing and post-production resources are not regularly found in devices cheaper, free or even solutions to the consumer.

Below some individual revised comparative tables to help you compare these video editing software professional. Complementary criteria selected include :
    • Platform: specific operating system with support for running the video editing software.
    • Input formats: Video file types for which you can upload the software (AVC-Intra, DV, GFCAM, HDV, R3D, XDCAM, etc)
    • Output formats: Video formats used to store projects and edited (FLV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP4, WMA, etc)
    • Format Support AVHCD : Format of high quality video used by tapeless camcorders that can be used for the creation and distribution of high-definition video.
    • FLV format support: Support for the popular input video file format developed by Adobe, which is the standard technology for distributing video across the web.

Mach Desktop allows any user of Macs have as wallpaper on your desktop Quartz Composer, Quicktime movies and even Web pages. Leaving aside the wallpaper fixed and unmoving, this application brings mobility and constant change. Mach Desktop includes 20 Quartz Composer and QuickTime 7 movies to use as wallpaper. But the application allows users to upload their films and their own compositions or choose a commonly used Web page. The interesting thing about this application is that unlike others, offers the possibility of using three different media types with one program.

I am pleased as punch to hear about "Match Desltop". Wonderful. Now let's get back to the question: How to use a movie as a screensaver in OS 10.6.

There's a latest edition of iScreensaver Designer 4 which will allow you to make a QuickTime screensavers on 10.6. Apparently you must be cautious which codec you make use of. I heard that there are few bugs which the apple didnt fixed yet but i know that some codecs will work perfectly with this. Otherwise you can make use of any flash screensaver maker. But still i recommend you to try iScreensaver.