Thread: New mouse pointer themes

New mouse pointer themes

Hey mates, am sorry if posting this thread in a wrong section. I am windows a Windows Xp user. While browsing on this forum i found the following post Windows 7 cursor for Windows XP and found it really effective. Even i tried to follow the tip. Actually i want some more. Could you guys please suggest me some download pack or any site from where i can get some new mouse pointer themes ? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: New mouse pointer themes

Well, you can try 3D Orange Animated Cursors It is a collection of animated cursors for your mouse. 3D Orange Animated Cursors have a nice three-dimensional effect and a dominant color orange, which gives name to the pack. If you want to enjoy energetic icons, 3D Orange Animated Cursors is what you want. To install, unzip the file into a folder and then select any of them in Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers .

Alternatively, there is also option to customize or edit your Windows Pointer or cursor. A utility named RealWorld Cursor Editor allows you to design fully customized Windows cursors. Choose between creating a static or an animated cursor, based on an existing image or starting your design from scratch. Its interface supports drag-and function-drop lets you reorganize the animation frames easily.

RealWorld Cursor Editor has support for any size and color depth. It also features graphics tools and filters that allow you to edit the images included in the cursor.

I dont trust on any third party applications, unless it is very necessary. So, i'll suggest you to better change your pointers rather than downloading any themes, to avoid spyware or worms. You can simply change it from Start Button> Control Panel> Appearance and Themes> Mouse Pointers (top left)> Tab> pointers> then click on "normal selection" and the "Browse" button that will open the "Windows cursors" or the Record your personal cursors.

With Windows XP, you have control over your mouse. Here are some ways to customize it. Adjust the pointer speed . You can adjust the speed at which you move the pointer on the screen.

To adjust the pointer speed:
    • Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Themes.
    • Under See Also, click Mouse Pointers.

In the Pointer Options option, under Motion, drag the slider left to make the pointer move slower, or right to make the pointer move faster. If you select a fast speed, make sure you are selected Enhance pointer precision (this provides better control of the pointer when moved over short distances), and then click OK. Adjust your mouse for left-handed if you are left handed and would like your mouse to work the way you do, you can change the settings for your mouse is also a lefty.

"To change the configuration::
    • Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Themes.
    • Under See Also, click Mouse Pointers.
    • In the option buttons, below the Settings button, select Swap primary and secondary buttons.
    • Click OK.
    • Change the appearance of the mouse pointer

Windows XP offers great flexibility if you want to use different mouse pointer arrow and hourglass. You can change all of your pointers at once, or you can change them individually."