Thread: Black taskbar in windows xp WITHOUT any themes

Black taskbar in windows xp WITHOUT any themes

Hi friends, one of my friend is using Windows XP and wants to customize his theme little bit. Actually he wants to make his Windows XP taskbar black (color) and that also without installing any theme. I am windows vista user and had never did so when i was on XP, so have no idea of doing so without installing themes. Do you have any idea ? Please share here. Thank You !!

Re: Black taskbar in windows xp WITHOUT any themes

Without any themes I think, your friend must go with skinstudio. This is not a theme but a tool that will help him to customize the themes to create visual styles for his system. What else, he can change title bars, borders, push buttons, scrollbars, Start bar, Start menu, and virtually every other part of the Windows GUI. Actually this tool works with skins for WindowBlinds, i guess it will work, not sure.

I dont think it is possible without downloading and external themes. The only way I see to do what you want without any theme is going to windows classic view, this way you can change the color of everything, but you'd have a classic interface similar to Windows 2000.

Or else try SkinStudio , it allows you to design custom visual styles for Windows XP and Windows Vista with the ability to change the start button, taskbar, title bar, etc..

Try out these steps:
    • Go to Control Panel by clicking on Start button and.
    • Click on Display in the Control Panel.
    • Now Click the "Appearance" tab and than click on "Windows and Buttons."
    • Here as you can see the only Windows XP or Windows Classic styles are offered select "Windows Classic Style".
    • Now click on drop down option for "Color Scheme". Here you can fins many combinations of color.
    • Choose the "High Contrast Black" selection and hit "Apply" . You will find it in the right hand corner of the dialog box.
    • Thats it. Windows will take few seconds to apply the changes and you are done.

Thanks for sharing this great tip mate. Even i am a windows xp user but have never tried this. I would like to try it once. hope this can work for me as well. If not than i'll go with any of the themes mentioned in this thread Windows Xp Taskbar Themes .