Thread: How to increase icon size in MAC OS X

How to increase icon size in MAC OS X

Hi,
    What are the steps to increase a size of a icon in MAC OS X. Also what is the way to paste an icon on the case generic. I was using a third party software for the same. but the problem is that the program never run automatically. I have to run it and then icon size of the same changes to something bigger. Is there a inbuilt service for the same. And the other thing I am looking about it the fax sending system in MAC.

Re: How to increase icon size in MAC OS X

If, in a window of your choice, you want the icons therein are expanded, open the window in the Finder menu then go to Overview and choose Show View Options. A window opens. In that you can click on Use as defaults only if you want all the windows. Otherwise, you can choose different settings for each of your windows icon size, grid spacing, text size and positioning, color or image background etc.

It is proper that you can change the icons settings in the Show View Options. To increase the size of icons in the window, drag the cursor "Icon size" to the right. Moreover, under SNOW LEOPARD every Finder window has a slider at the bottom right to expand / reduce the size of icons in the window. With this technique, you can adjust the icon size of a window according to their number and size of the window itself, to avoid the use of drop down menus where appropriate.

If you find that your records are sad, because generic standard icon shaped blue folder, you can paste an OS X icon on each of your files, to brighten up your working environment. To do that first select an icon OS X you like by clicking it once. Take for example the icon of my partition Clone. Go to the Finder menu File and go to menu Get Info. A window opens that tells you the features of this icon. In this window, click the top left icon so that a blue outline appears around it. Then go to menu Edit and select Copy.

Mac OS X, you no longer need to use external software to send and receive faxes. ! Indeed, Snow Leopard includes the core system an own fax software that will please most Mac users, eager to receive and send and / or receive a simple and an occasional fax. I mention among them the must-application FAXstf that you are using may already be running OS 9 and which are also under OS X.

To send and receive faxes on your Mac, it is essential to use the PSTN line (telephone line) and not the line ADSL. Thus, you can not send and receive faxes via your modem (or router) or your ADSL BOX (Livebox, Freebox) using this method. Recent Macs no longer have an internal 56k modem, it is necessary to purchase an external modem (USB modem Apple no longer being marketed, I recommend for example the U.S. Robotics modem Controller 56k Data / Fax V92). If your Mac is old enough and still has an internal modem, or if you have an Apple USB modem, then you can use them.

Hey... Im desperate over here!!! Im trying to change ALL icons in my macbookpro at once, but I dont seem to find the right way to do it, or an app that can help me to do it... I've tried the "use as default" option, but not all the folders change their icon sizes when I choose that option... I have too many folders to start changing each one of their sizes one by one... Please, somebody! HEEEEELP! D'=

It is good that you can alter the icons settings in the Show View Options. To augment the size of icons in the window, drag the cursor "Icon size" to the right. But under SNOW LEOPARD each Finder window has a slider at the bottom right to expand / reduce the size of icons in the window. With this technique, you can adjust the icon size of a window according to their number and size of the window itself, to avoid the use of drop down menus where appropriate.