Thread: Desktop Smiley gets automatically open on Windows Vista

Desktop Smiley gets automatically open on Windows Vista

From many years i had been running Windows Vista as my operating system. Just few days back i had installed Desktop Smiley toolbar on my system. Now the problem is that after installing Desktop Smiley toolbar on my system, it automatically Desktop Smiley gets automatically opened on my system. I don't know but as soon as i turn on my machine, Desktop Smiley get open up automatically on my machine. Can any one tell me that why does Desktop Smiley gets automatically open on Windows Vista? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Desktop Smiley gets automatically open on Windows Vista

Sometimes, a few of the registry keys for Fun Web Products are not removed from the HKey_Users section of the registry. DesktopSmiley Toolbar is only compatible on Internet Explorer version 6 or up. You may select View and then Tools, and see if there is checked on DesktopSmiley Toolbar entry. If there is not tick sign besides, please check the DesktopSmiley Toolbar entry and it will show up. To completely purge Desktop Smiley from your computer, you need to delete the files, folders, and Windows registry keys, and registry values associated with Desktop Smiley.

Some of these programs introduce a virus into your computer, so also scan your PC using your antivirus program. If you have not installed the two most popular addons for Firefox, I suggest you do that. They are NoScript and Adblock Plus. You can delete such locked files with the RemoveOnReboot utility. To delete a locked file, right-click on the file, select Send To-->Remove on Next Reboot on the menu, and restart your computer.

The DesktopSmiley Toolbar uninstaller will then be called out to perform the un-installation. Try to run a quick scan with Super Antispyware to remove all of the third party cookies that are presently installed (if any). The Windows registry stores important system information such as system preferences, user settings, and installed programs details as well as the information about the applications that are automatically run at start-up. Because of this, spyware, malware, and adware often store references to their own files in your Windows registry so that they can automatically launch every time you start up your computer.

You will be infected instantly with Desktopsmiley ad's. The only way to stop, is to run a malware/virus check to get rid of it. I would suggest trying Combofix in order to get rid of the above issue. The ad has links that if you click on them you will be "infected" with desktopsmiley and whatever else it brings with it. DesktopSmiley Toolbar is only compatible on Internet Explorer version 6 or up.To effectively remove Desktop Smiley from your Windows registry, you must delete all the registry keys and values associated with Desktop Smiley, which are listed in the Registry Keys. There are many similar stuffs like MyWebSearchBar, MyScreenSaver, SmileyCenter, etc which distribute spyware and adware. You may go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs. Select DesktopSmiley Toolbar and click Remove. The DesktopSmiley Toolbar uninstaller will then be called out to perform the un-installation.