Thread: ScreenSaver Power save issue on Dell Vostro laptop

ScreenSaver Power save issue on Dell Vostro laptop

Just few days back i had bought a new Dell Vostro laptop running Solaris 10 x86 on it. I was trying to activate the screensaver on my DEll system, when no one is logged in. But now the problem is that the screensaver only seems to be activated when someone gets logged in and after that the computer get locked automatically. Any one has any idea about how do i resolve ScreenSaver Power save issue on Dell Vostro laptop? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: ScreenSaver Power save issue on Dell Vostro laptop

Under Miscellaneous settings you will find Silent mode. You can turn on silent mode for a period and then test again. Otherwise turn off idle scan and set a scheduled scan. When you configure your computer to use an OpenGL screen saver and you have chosen System Standby in the Power Schemes selector on the Control Panel's Power Options tool, your computer may not start the Standby mode.

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) puts the computer in the Standby mode only after the CPU has been idle for the specified period of time. You should be aware that turning off Idle Scans will not disable the Idle Quick Scans which will continue to run. When an OpenGL screen saver starts, the CPU is no longer idle and the ACPI timer for the Standby mode is reset.

This might be due to a hardware conflict. If you use KDE desktop, open KCC (System--> Configuration--> Control Center in the menu system). After that try to navigate to Peripherals - Display and select the Power Control tab. Then you need to clear the Enable Display Power Management check box.

Normally these monitors indicate power saving mode due to the fact that it is unable to receive any signal from the CPU. This error message is displayed by the monitor when it does not detect an input signal. The PC is NOT sending a signal to the monitor. Check your cable connections, then you might remove the video card and replace it.

They go into power save and then you cant get them back on. When you first turn them on you will see a the screen for a second before it goes back into power save. The PowerControl Screen Saver allows, by opening the Advanced Settings window, to set these parameters, and additionally the system parameters of monitor power management for the Logon Screen.