Thread: Desktop Icon Missing in Windows 7

Desktop Icon Missing in Windows 7

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my windows 7 right now, it's an ultimate version. All my windows desktop icons and task bar has been disappeared. I can use that pop up window to go online and go control panel and all that, I can also run all the programs just like normal. Can anyone tell why this is or how to get them back?

Re: Desktop Icon Missing in Windows 7

Most times you will see this theme when he returns from standby. This may be due to hardware drivers that are incompatible with Windows 7. It is better to improve as many of the drivers for your computer as possible, drivers, especially video. Or open Control Panel -> Backup and Restore -> Recover your system settings or computer -> Open System Restore -> follow the wizard to restore the system to the state before the issue occurred.

Of course, you can restart the computer to fix this problem, but if nothing else worked, you can restart the explorer.exe process only until Microsoft releases a fix. If the issue persists, please perform the steps below to add explorer.exe process. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on the keyboard to bring up Task Manager. Then Click File -> New Task (Run ...). Type explorer.exe and then press Enter.

I think there is a bug in Windows Update. Windows Update does something at boot setup patches, and this seems to happen after login but before Explorer is running. To solve your problem, you can edit this registry key to replace the shell with another program that configures the patches, And replace the registry key back to the point of returning to point after the patches have been installed. You can also try system restore.