Thread: How to change the start button in Windows 7

How to change the start button in Windows 7

Hi,

I want to customize my start button something to look different. I want to know the different ways and different types in which I can change the start button in Windows 7. So please give me some tips for doing that thing???

Re: How to change the start button in Windows 7

Like other components in customizing your desktop, the Windows Start button 7 is an element that can be customized. If you want to be able to click Start and select Sleep or Hiberate rather than Shut Down (or vice versa), this can make the right to change the taskbar with very little effort on your part. To adjust the Property, Simply right click on the taskbar and select . Then click the tab Start Menu and select the action you want from the dropdown list provided. Then Click OK

Here is a tweak to change the text.

1. You have to tweak this or the program Resource Hacker needed.

2. If security is a feature built into Windows XP that protects important files so they can not be deleted or rewritten. The file we need to have some security.

3. Go to the [your drive letter]: \Windows\system32\restore and right click on the file filelist.xml.

4. It may be that the file filelist.xml can not see that because then it is hidden. You can view hidden files by going to Tools> Folder Options> Views and put a check mark in "Show hidden files" and then "OK" button.

5. Now go to the file filelist.xml and click with the right, go to properties and uncheck the box for "Read Only" road, click "OK".

6. Click again Right now the file and choose "Open with", select "Notepad" or, if it is not listed, "Browse" and in the submenu "Notepad"

7. You will see the following:

HTML Code:
    <PCHealthProtect> 
    <Version>1.0</ VERSION> 
    <DEFTYPE>E</ DEFTYPE> 
    <files> 
    <Exclude> 
    <REC>%windir%\system.ini</ REC> 
    <REC>%windir%\tasks\desktop.ini</ REC> 
    <REC>%windir%\win.ini</ REC>
    8. Put the following line between them: <REC>% windir% \ \ explorer.exe </ REC>

then it looks like this:

HTML Code:
    <PCHealthProtect> 
    <Version>1.0</ VERSION> 
    <DEFTYPE>E</ DEFTYPE> 
    <files> 
    <Exclude> 
    <REC>%windir%\system.ini</REC> 
    <REC>%windir%\\explorer.exe</REC> 
    <REC>%windir%\tasks\desktop.ini</REC> 
    <REC>%windir%\win.ini</REC> 
    9. Save the file again and go to the following folder:
    [your drive letter]: \WINDOWS\System32\dllcache
    Change the name of the file as "Explorer.exe" for example Explorer.xex (Note: only the extension should be changed, and that should be a nonexistent extension!)

10. Open Resource Hacker and open the file you have just changed the name, you'll see a load wallets. The "Start" text located under the folder "String Table"> 37> 1033. There you see the right word "Start" are that you can now change one other nice text.

11. Then click on "Compile Script".
    Go to String Table> 38> 1033, you again "Start" will stand. Change it to the same as what you have just changed. Click on "Compile Script".

12. Now save the file, just can not if the file itself is running. Close Explorer.exe so you off, this is as follows. Close all programs in the taskbar, except Recource Hacker, now press Ctrl + Alt + Del and select the tab "Processes" to "Explorer.exe" and then click "End Task".

Your taskbar is now completely gone. Now with Alt + Tab for "Resource Hacker" and save the file (File + Save).

13. Go back to Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete or Alt + Tab), click File> New Task and enter then "Explorer.exe" in.

(If Windows shows a message that files are corrupted and needing repair, you can ignore by pressing "Cancel" button, and then "OK"

If Explorer is started again will you have your text Start Button!

To modify the appearance of the Windows start button 7. Although this entry is only geared to the new operating system, the steps for this configuration in other versions of Windows are very similar.

The tools needed to carry out the amendment will be an editor embedded in binary files (Ejpl: "Resource Hacker" or "Restorator 2007 '), a converter to bmp png to keep the alpha channel , and a Live-CD for the replacement of the file. The latter is not necessary if the availability of another operating system already installed on your computer.

The first thing to do in these cases is to create a backup of the files you are going to work, so keep a copy of the file c:\windows\explorer.exe and make another copy on which to perform the changes. Once the copies, we will open the second with "Resource Hacker" or "Restorator". We access the bitmap 6801:1033 and saved it to disk for editing, or you can also create a new image with size of 54x162 pixels.

The top of the image is the state where the button is in its normal state, the middle part is the button when moving the mouse over them, and the bottom when you click on it.

Once created our button with transparency, we keep it in PNG format and use 'Alpha Converter' to pass to maintain the BMP format alpha channel. Simply select '. Bmp "in the application and drag a PNG file on it. This will create a new image that will be bmp should replace the bitmaps 6801:1033, 6805:1033 and 1809:1033.

Once you save the changes made to the executable, boot a Live-CD to replace the file c:\windows\explorer.exe for which we have modified. After that we can start Windows 7.

Thank to all, but if I want to change start button to right hand side of the desktop what should I do is there any way .....

ramchoudhary Guest

3d animation studio india

Hi sir,
    i hope you r right my answer
    A registry booster utility created by a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner is available to help you solve and fix problems with Windows 7 and speed up performance. The download is safe and secure and will allow you to identify potential problems with your system's internal registry.

Thank you

ramchoudhary Guest

cool 3d animation studio india

Hi sir,
    Go to the windows folder and rename explorer.exe to explorer.exe.bak and then copy-paste the new explorer, Kill the process in task manager and start it again.

Thank you

ramchoudhary Guest

cool 3d animation studio india

Hi sir,
    Go to the windows folder and rename explorer.exe to explorer.exe.bak and then copy-paste the new explorer, Kill the process in task manager and start it again.

Thank you