Thread: Windows 7 32-bit screen resolution missing color problem

Windows 7 32-bit screen resolution missing color problem

I recently installed Windows 7 32-bit, and since, haven't been able to view pictures (they're grainy and missing color). I installed Windows 7 and its working great except for one thing; my screen resolution is terrible and I can't fix it. Before Windows 7 I used to run Windows XP until it crashed due to registry errors. I've checked my drivers to make sure they're up to date. I tried to change the resolution in the settings but it won't allow me. It's set to generic non-PnP with a resolution of 800x600. When I click the drop down menu it doesn't list any other options/resolutions. Why i'm facing Windows 7 screen resolution problem on my pc? does any body knows about it? Please help me to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 32-bit screen resolution missing color problem

The screen resolution setting determines how much information is displayed on the display screen. If so you could go to the Nvidia Control Panel and use 'Create Custom Resolution' to try out some of your own. Even i was having the same issue after installing Windows 7 on my pc. Did a windows update, and it found Optional Nvidia driver update that solved it for me. I don't know if other card drivers have similar functionality.

Try to run driver sweeper after uninstalling the driver and install the newest one. Have you already installed the latest version of your graphics card/chip drivers? The resolution options will vary with each computer based on the video card device, monitor size, and video & monitor drivers. If the screen looks distorted or fuzzy, then you may have an incorrect screen resolution size set for your monitor.

You need to install the driver of the chipset and video card for Windows 7. Are you using a VGA cable or a DVI cable. If you are using a VGA the 1600x1200 (or whatever) my be the max native res that can be displayed that way. I have it on my 22" Westinghouse and display fine at 1680x1050. After some search with google, it seems like, the resolution problem will stay as pain with dual or single monitors in systems using NVIDIA cards.

ramchoudhary Guest

3d animation studio india

Hi sir,
    i hope you r right my answer
    Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find solutions with any problems, errors or issues you are experiencing with Windows 7. The Windows 7 forum also covers news and updates and has an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Thank you

ramchoudhary Guest

3d animation studio india

Hi sir,
    i hope you r right my answer
    Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find solutions with any problems, errors or issues you are experiencing with Windows 7. The Windows 7 forum also covers news and updates and has an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Thank you