Thread: Can't Double Click On Desktop Icons

Can't Double Click On Desktop Icons

I am facing Problem with double-clik on desktop icon, when i try to open any folder or file on my desktop with double click it won't open. I always need to triple-click to open any folder from my desktop. I am running windows 7 on my computer. Is this hardware problem?

Re: Can't Double Click On Desktop Icons

Have you tried to right click and then click on open button?It might be your mouse settings if you changed them, Just go to control panel > Right click the mouse icon and click open (not left double click). If it is still not working then try to restore your computer to an earlier point and see what happens?

Maybe an issue with the usb port(where your mouse connected) then? Have you tried disabling/reinstalling the usb port drivers? Is it able to perform another task like single click, pointing? If mouse works fine in another environment so just so a format and install new OS (Windows 7)....

Click Start< Run and type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll and press enter. Reboot the computer. That should fix the problem. Or It may be that you have a virus which creating problem with double-clik on desktop icon and force to must triple-click. I found this handy solution to a similar problem as what you described here : You need to download and install Norton Security Scan. It will automatically scan your computer every week, replacing the need for you to manually scan using Symantec Security Check. It’s quick, easy, and best of all, it’s free!

Make sure you have a document open (otherwise you wont be able to access these options)Go to Tools>Options>General then uncheck Ignore other applications. Or try this : Try going to Start/Control Panel/Folder Options and near the bottom in Click items as follows Put a tic in Single-click to open an item(point to select) click APPLY then OK and get out of there and see if this helps.