Thread: Icons stopped loading in Windows 7

Icons stopped loading in Windows 7

I recently installed windows 7 on my dell laptop. I have install few photo editing software which works fast on windows 7 as compare to my previous windows vista but icons on the desktop stop loading for all the windows program like PowerPoint,Ms Excel,Yahoo messenger. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Icons stopped loading in Windows 7

This is a very strange-sounding issue. It almost sounds to me as though you've got some kind of applications properties issue. Right click on the Windows Explorer taskbar icon, then right click on Windows Explorer in the Jump List and click on Properties In the Shortcut tab and to the right of Target, type or copy the location in bold below you want the Windows Explorer icon to open to instead, then click on OK.

When you double-click a file to open it, Windows 7 examines the file name extension. A file association associates a file with an application capable of opening that file. More commonly, a file association associates a class of files with a corresponding application (such as a text editor). If Windows 7 recognizes the file name extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that file name extension.

To solve Icon Problem in Windows 7 you need to do system restore. Press F8 when your computer starts.Choose System Recovery which should be the first option.You will be prompted for user name password which should be an administrator account.You can now use System Restore with Advance recovery to restore system using previously created System Image or straight way restore your Computer to Original settings.