Thread: Search in start menu stopped working

Search in start menu stopped working

I have installed windows 7 on my computer. After installing windows 7 i have noticed that i can not search any file stored on my computer. Search option in start menu is not working. I have tried to search from run menu but it also not working. Does any one know why search in start menu stopped working.

Re: Search in start menu stopped working

Does the problem repeat itself in Safe Mode? If Search in start menu stopped working then you need to search for something like "cmd" for the Windows Command Prompt or go to start > Run > regsvr32 jscript.dll - just copy and paste the "regsvr32 jscript.dll" into the run "Open" command single line line window and then click on the 'OK" button, that will restore the Options.

The Start Menu and Start Button are user interface elements used in the X Windowing System if any option are missing for start menu then First, type Indexing Options in the Start Menu’s search box in Vista. Click on the Advanced tab and then click Rebuild. you can rebuild the searcher index manually by editing the following registry key:HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows Search/SetupCompletedSuccessfully to zero and then restarting the machine.

Right click on Start menu and select Properties.Now click the Customize button. Now you can Search for the option that you generally use often for search.This will speed up your search to a great extent. Click Start, Run and type the following command:%systemroot%\inf > Clicking Ok should open the INF folder > Locate the file "srchasst.inf" > Right-click the file and then click "Install".