Thread: Dreamscene wallpapers issue on Windows Vista

Dreamscene wallpapers issue on Windows Vista

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. But now I have a problem. All of a sudden my dreamscenes won't work for me. I have tried doing a system restore, reinstalling dreamscene and re downloading the dreams, all without luck. When i click on the dreamscene the screen either goes black or doesn't change from the static wallpaper i have on. Some of the wallpapers pause after a certain while after playing. Why i'm facing dreamscene wallpapers issue on Windows Vista? Can anyone help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Dreamscene wallpapers issue on Windows Vista

Have you installed any additional codec packs? ffdshow has been known to cause a few issues, and if you search the forums, people have posted changes you need to make to the settings to get it working correctly. The DreamScene installation hack has been compiled into an executable, which automatically copy the necessary DreamScene files and merge require registry keys and entries.

However, if the desktop background slide show does not work, then you need to run Run the Windows Vista DreamScene.exe as Administrator in order to install and enable Windows DreamScene on Windows Vista. If you are just concerned about the video itself, convert it with super to something more compatible and see if you encounter the same issue. The installer will copy DreamScene.dll to %WinDir%\System32 folder, DreamScene.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\en-US folder and add the required registry keys and values. After that it will automatically restart the Explorer to make the installation of DreamScene works immediately.

Dreams are animated wallpaper in .Dream format. They require the user to have Stardock DeskScapes installed to use .Dream files. It is none of those, Right-click on Computer, click properties, down the bottom left of the window under "see also" click performance, up the top click on adjust visual effects, make sure "Show translucent selection rectangle" is checked then click apply then ok. The result is a spectacular animated desktop experience that uses relatively little CPU and resources thanks to the 3D hardware acceleration of Windows Vista.