Thread: Hide some icons in the notification area

Hide some icons in the notification area

I would like to hide certain icons (not all) of the notification area in Windows Vista. When I say hidden, I do not want the programs that are closed and I do not want to just hide them under the famous arrow! I want to hide! I want to remove the notification area, I do not want to see them, even if you click on the arrow.

I have searched on internet, but I found tips for Windows XP, or responses of people that simply do not understand advising only hide the icons.

I also said that of course I looked in those programs if there was an option to remove icons from the notification area, but no.

Re: Hide some icons in the notification area

You have answered your question. It happens in the options programs. That means, you should definitely solve this problem with utilities available on the web, but if it is to be a process over which adds to the ram (which adds its own icon in the systray and more), then it is not possible.

Certainly. Thank you, but as I said, it is not in the options programs. There should be a way to reduce these icons, from Windows, which directly manages the notification area, rather than through those programs (which do not have that in their options).

In effect, install a utility to do this, leaving itself his own icon in the notification area is not a must for me, but to confess everything, just that I do not for Vista.

There is no way for Windows to select display or non-display of programs in the systray. For the rest: find resident utility to select (if it ever existed), stop explorer.exe so that there are more icons on the desktop, taskbar etc. Skip Windows 7, and this implies to a cost disproportionate to the value in question. Hide unwanted icons (with the little arrow) ---> and then, frankly, I do not see why it bothers you, it makes more explicit

Okay, thank you! Well then if someone knows a little utility to do what I ask, on Vista, this would be excellent. There are apparently full for XP, but I have not found for Vista. (But the difference should not be such that you can not create a program for Vista for the same functionality.)

With regard to hide the icons, it bothers me in that I am so organized that I masked my icons that are still useful, but the nature of these programs that I use them rarely, and thus, they remain hidden is perfect (eg I always mask the anti-virus, uTorrent, notifications of updates, the network, the device manager, etc and still I can see MSN, Skype, volume control, foobar2000, etc..).