Thread: Windows 7 Visual Style for XP

Windows 7 Visual Style for XP

Hi guys,
    I have windows xp sp2, i have used the windows 7, but since my games doesn't works on it ( i don't know why but games gives the ugly graphics on windows 7 ) i have switched back to windows xp, but i love to have the windows 7 visual style in my windows xp. I have tried few themes pack but they don't gives full windows 7 aero like expereince in windows xp, i know i won't get full windows 7 because 7 and xp are two both operating system but since its possible to have visual styles i would like to install best windows 7 visual style for windows xp. Please spend some time to help me, Thanks a lot.

Re: Windows 7 Visual Style for XP

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Get this Windows 7 Visual style for XP by ~haran-hockey , To install this visual theme, drag the msstyle to C:\Windows\Resources folder and then double click on Aero Vista.msstyles , First you'll need to patch uxtheme.dll to use custom skins. You can easily find it on google if you haven't already patched it. Only choose the blue theme and you only get the blue taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

Here download my fav SevenVG Refresh Theme here and extract its contents. And install it with same procedure as we installs other visual styles.

But first you need to patched the “uxtheme.dll” file (it needs to be patched to allow 3rd party visual styles), if it’s not patched, then download and run the UXtheme Patcher from here:

For XP SP3 Users - Download UXTheme Patcher here
    For XP SP2 Users - Download UXTheme Patcher here