Thread: cannot change wallpaper

cannot change wallpaper

Hello , I have a Windows Xp computer the problem is that i cannot change the wallpaper , whenever i click the wallpaper and saved the problem remain the same , that wallpaper cannot be changed , can you tell me how can i solve this problem and change my wallpaper easily , please help me thanks in advance

Re: cannot change wallpaper

When you try to change the desktop wallpaper in a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, the options may be missing or unavailable. Therefore, you cannot change your wallpaper or use other options that are located in the Display Properties dialog box. This problem may occur after you remove spyware from the system.

This problem occurs when a registry key is set to hide or to lock the display settings on the computer. The registry key can be set by an administration policy or by malicious software.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    In the right-pane, right-click the NoDispAppearancePage value if the value exists, and then click Delete.
    Repeat step 3 for the following registry values if these values exist in the registry:

NoDispCPL
    NoDispBackgroundPage
    NoDispScrSavPage
    NoDispSettingsPage

Note Locate any registry value that says "Wallpaper" if it exists. In the right pane, right-click the registry value, click Delete, and then click OK.
    Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    In the right-pane, right-click the NoDispAppearancePage value if the value exists, and then click Delete.
    Repeat step 6 for the following registry values if these values exist in the registry:
    • NoDispCPL
    • NoDispBackgroundPage
    • NoDispScrSavPage
    • NoDispSettingsPage

Note Locate any registry value that says "Wallpaper" if it exists. In the right pane, right-click the registry value, click Delete, and then click OK.
    For the changes to take effect, you may have to restart the computer after you delete these registry values.

To do this:
    Open the Registry Editor
    Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ policies:
    If this subkey does not exist, you must create it: Select the Windows subkey, click on Edit, New, Key. Name it and validate policies.
    Right-click on policies. Select New/Key. Name it 'ActiveDesktop.
    Finally, in the right pane, create a new DWORD value and name it NoChangingWallPaper. Set it up as 0 and save and exit

if the above fix does not solve your problem, then you may also need to make the above registry changes at location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies .