Thread: Vista Drive Icons Into Windows Xp

Vista Drive Icons Into Windows Xp

Hi Folks,

Recently heard about a program that allow us to alter the XP drive icons to look like the Vista drive icons in computer. I have downloaded and installed it in a VM with no issues and no threats detected yet so I went ahead and put it on my XP systems without a hitch.So what you guys think about?is that a trust able program?

thanks guys !!

Re: Vista Drive Icons Into Windows Xp

Vista Drive Icon is an application which can changes the drive icon shown in My Computer, to a nearly Vista style drive icon, which can show the free space of a particular drive, with a smooth colored horizontal bar.It is not a trouble maker as far am concerned.By default, Windows XP will not show the free space of your drive, unless you change the view to Details. But, Windows Vista did show us the free space. Now, Windows XP user also can get this feature by using this application.

Basically Vista Drive Icon is a application which can possibly convert the drive icons in Windows XP’s My Computer into drive icons that almost similar to Vista’s Operating system. Once installed, Vista Drive Icon will display a blue, glass-like bar underneath the drive icon. If the drive is close to getting full, the color changes to red.I've used it for several months on my XP installation and I love it. I haven't had any issues with it.If I recall, by default it only runs for the user who installed it; it adds itself to the startup list in the HKCU registry hive. Methinks that simply running the installer for each user or adding the executable to the "All Users" startup folder will remedy that.

The fabulous thing about Vista is its look, new icons, cursors, theme, sounds, login screen, boot screen, etc.though it takes considerable amount of memory to handle this things So I'm posting this tutorial to make our existing Windows XP to look-a-like Windows Vista.There are lots of Vista Transformation packs available on net but I never use them because they slow down the windows and also install a few 3rd party utilities. So its better to do all the things manually.