Thread: How to customize Windows Vista SP1 boot screen

How to customize Windows Vista SP1 boot screen

Hi,

I have a small problem, When I tried to to customize your Windows Vista SP1 boot screen, I noticed some differences compared to one I downloaded which already had a custom image to use as a comparison file and noticed the RCData entry which is the 2 images in WIM format AFAIK is missing. How do I perform a custom installation of Vista SP1 boot screen from CD of Windows PE 2.1? The answer file will take a special instruction?

Re: How to customize Windows Vista SP1 boot screen

Windows Vista's boot screen is pretty boring, and for those of you that like to really customize your desktop, you may be wondering why it isn't as easy in Vista, you may find a good tutorial here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6K0K3fCEIM.

Use Vista BootScreen 1.2 to customize your Windows Vista SP1 boot screen. With Vista BootScreen you can change your Vista boot screen logos with full color images! No more boring progressbar and poor quality images. Now you can use your 32bit pictures in JPG, PNG or BMP format. You don't need to replace files manually. With skin techology you just create skin then install it into boot skins library and use it! Create your own Windows Vista boot screen skins and share them with friends or publish in the Internet.

I use Vista Visual Master for customizing Windows Vista SP1 boot screen. It is a free application that will help you to customize your Windows Vista easily. With a clean and simple interface it brings you an All-in-One set of powerful and neatly classified tools, settings and tweaks. Now You can change the look of the windows and buttons, change the system icons and hundreds of file icons, reconfigure the boot and logon screen, patch and apply your new themes, and you can customize Windows Vista according to your wishes.