Thread: How to add Desktop Icons in Windows Vista

How to add Desktop Icons in Windows Vista

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. I would like to know that how can i add the desktop icons back to the Windows Vista desktop? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How to add Desktop Icons in Windows Vista

Its
    1> mouse-right-click --> Personalize (means properties): Opens Desktop Personalization
    2> See the left side, Click on "Change Desktop Icons" and select your required ones. ---> OK.

Thats it.

The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your computer and log on to Windows. Right-click an empty spot on your desktop, select Personalize. In the Personalization window, in the top left-hand corner, click on "Change desktop icons". Note, you can also get to this window directly from the Control Panel. In the Desktop Icon Settings window, click to select all the empty checkboxes for the desktop icons. Click Ok. That's it and your job is done.

The desktop is sometimes defined more broadly to include the taskbar and Windows Sidebar. For adding up desktop icons in Windows Vists, you need to follow the below steps mention.
    1) Right Click anywhere on your desktop and select "Personalize" from the pop-up options.
    2) Left Click on the "Change Desktop Icons" link located in the upper left hand corner of the Personalization pop-up window.
    3) In the upper section of the new pop-up window, check the icons you want to show on your desktop. Your personal files, folders and documents can be displayed by checking the "User Files" option.
    4) Save the Changes.
    5) System icons will appear automatically. To display personal files, use the tradition windows method to transfer files to your desktop.

Icons are small pictures that represent files, folders, programs, and other items. Your computer manufacturer might have added other icons to the desktop. First, you can right-click and get directly to the Internet Options panel, and secondly it doesn’t have the shortcut icon arrow. Open up regedit.exe through the start menu search or run box, and then browse down to the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel

Right-click an empty spot on your desktop, select Personalize.In the Personalization window, in the top left-hand corner, click on "Change desktop icons". Note, you can also get to this window directly from the Control Panel.In the Desktop Icon Settings window, click to select all the empty checkboxes for the desktop icons.and apply the changes done