Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to install msstyles on Windows Vista

Customize Desktop

Old 22-07-2009

How to install msstyles on Windows Vista

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. Recently i had downloaded msstyles on my pc. The problem is that i don't know how to install it on my system. So, can nay body tell me that how can i install msstyles on Windows Vista? Can any body provide me the correct way for installing msstyles on Windows Vista? Would be grateful to you if any bod provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Old 22-07-2009

Re: How to install msstyles on Windows Vista

For that you need to find find the uxtheme.dll patch(er) once you have followed the instructions and run that you simply copy the .msstyle folder into the c:\WINDOWS\resources\themes folder on your system. For that just copy/paste to C:/WINDOWS/Resources/themes on your system.
Old 22-07-2009

For that you need to follow the below steps mentio.

1) Extract the files for the theme to your desktop.
2) Copy "theme_name.msstyles" to C:/WINDOWS/Resources/Themes
3) Copy the ALL the folders in the "Shell" folder from the extracted theme RAR file to "C:/WINDOWS/Resources/Themes/Shell".
4) Double-click the C:/WINDOWS/Resources/Themes/theme_name.msstyles file, and click "Apply" then "OK" on the Display Properties window that pops up.

Hope so it may help you out.
Old 22-07-2009

According to me if you have the patched uxtheme etc files on your system, then you just need to copy the folder into windows/resources/themes folder on your pc. That will install msstyles on your Windows Vista.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: ,