Thread: Windows XP Control Panel link in the Start Menu

Windows XP Control Panel link in the Start Menu

Hello freaks,

I am unhappy with my Windows XP professional computer since last week,all it because of am not able to access the control panel any more.if I click the panel link the screen just blinks and goes back to the desktop screen and nothing appears.so what i need to do to resolve this issue??

helps are brilliant and appreciable!!

Re: Windows XP Control Panel link in the Start Menu

Do this right-click an empty area of the Tas kbar to get Properties and click the Start Menu tab.confirm that the Start Menu radio button is selected, select the "Customize" button.Click the "Advanced" button. Underneath Start menu items and underneath Control Panel click the Display as a menu radio button.apply the changes and close it now Start Control Panel all of you can access all of your options easily.

My guess is that your computer has attacked by a malicious application and prevents the access of your control panel.may any of your files changed to cause this situation control.exe or rundll32.exe or could be both if you have your xp disk i would get a copy of the files from there. note you will have to turn off windows file protection to be able to delete the old files.if you have a anti virus application update the definitions and do a full system scan else a purchase a new one to do it...

Did you update your JRE with JRE v6? if not do it. after that run sfc /scan now in the command prompt.right click on c drive to get TOOLS, and then click check now button.if it is not working right-click on taskbar to get properties. Choose the Start Menu tab to Customize. Click the Advanced tab on the Customize Start Menu window. The first item in the scroll down area should be Control Panel. Select "Display as a menu" and save the changes.