Thread: change the "My Documents" folder to storage card

change the "My Documents" folder to storage card

Hello friends

I would like to change the default "my documents" folder from the internal memory to the storage card.i searched a lot in internet but I didn't find a working solution for this. Only changing the registry key "NoSubFolderIn" doesn't work.Is someone out there, who know how to do this?

any helps would be greatly received...
    thanks

Re: change the "My Documents" folder to storage card

Normally PCs save Notes, Word and other files to the My Documents folder in hard drive memory. But i like to store my work on a storage card, I change the defaults in each application to do so.I did it on my Pocket Word by doing this Open Word. on the Tools menu and select “Options” In the “Save to:” specify where you want to save it.and tap on and if you save a document, the Pocket PC will automatically save it in the “My Documents” folder.

I found the way to use your storage card as a My Documents folder, but your storage card must rename as "My Documents". In a file browser you can see a "My Documents" folder which is your storage card. The downside of this is programs which require root access to the storage card.you can use this hack for doing this
    Open the key
    HKLM\System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMemory and change the value of the string "Folder" to "My documents".

Originally documents and files are saved and opened to the device's internal storage ( hard drive) by default. you can able to modify this location to your Storage Card if you want..
    do the following to accomplish this
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\FileSyncPath = "\Storage Card\My Documents" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

do this to revert the changes
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\FileSyncPath = "\My Documents" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Right on MyDocuments folder and go to the properties. There you have in the Target tab --> "Target Folder location" Change the location to your storage card. I did this is XP. I shall check with Vista.

Now by default all programs save to MyDocuments and it will point to your storage card. Not required to change the registry.