Thread: Changing taskbar location

Changing taskbar location

I want to change the location of taskbar in XP. I want to move it to side or on the top. Is it possible? I'm using windows blind but its not having any option for that. If you people have trick for this, i really want to know and lot of thanks for that. Thank you.

Re: Changing taskbar location

Yeah its quite simple, first right click on your taskbar and then uncheck the "Lock task bar" if its checked. And just simply with keep left click on drag the taskbar location to left, right and top bottom. Hope i was clear with explanation. To prevent your taskbar from being accidentally moved, right-click your taskbar, and click Lock the Taskbar on the shortcut menu.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Here is the clear explanation:

To move your taskbar

1. Right-click your taskbar. If there is a check mark beside Lock the Taskbar on the shortcut menu, click Lock the Taskbar to unlock it.

2. Drag your taskbar to the left, right, or top of your screen. To drag the taskbar, click and hold the mouse button over the taskbar. Then, while holding down the mouse button, drag the taskbar to its new location. When the taskbar is in place, release the mouse button.

3. Move the pointer over an edge of the taskbar until the pointer changes to a double-headed arrow. Click the mouse button, and drag the edge of the taskbar to widen it. When you can read the window titles, release the mouse button.

4. Finally, to prevent your taskbar from being accidentally moved, right-click your taskbar, and click Lock the Taskbar on the shortcut menu.

Source: Microsoft.com