Thread: Changing the location of shared documents

Changing the location of shared documents

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i had bought a new hard disk and want to move all document folders to the new hard disk. So, can any body tell me that how can i change the location of shared documents on my pc? Can any body provide me the correct solution for the above issue? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Changing the location of shared documents

I think you need to go in TweatUI and afterwards need to go to My Computer, in that you need to select Special Folders and then need to scroll down to Shared Documents. Now you need to select the desired location where you would like to share the documents.

To change the default location of the My Documents folder, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then point to My Documents.
    2. Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Target tab.
    4. In the Target box, do one of the following:
    • Type the path to the folder location that you want, and then click OK. For example, D:\My Stuff. If the folder does not exist, the Create Message dialog box is displayed. Click Yes to create the folder, and then click OK.

Or
    • Click Move, click the folder in which to store your documents, and then click OK twice. If you need to create a new folder, click Make New Folder. Type a name for the folder, and then click OK twice.

5. In the Move Documents box, click Yes to move your documents to the new location, or click No to leave your documents in the original location.

For doing that you can also change the Common Documents path in the following location:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders That will help you to change the location of your shared documents on your system.