Thread: How to Convert Film Negative to Positive Photos

How to Convert Film Negative to Positive Photos

Hello,
    I have many photographs on a microfilm screen,that we called as negative, there must be around 300 negatives So is there any way to turn this negative film it into positive photos ? I have photoshop elements 4 but I do not know , how to use it , so Can you Tell me that can I scan photo negative and turn it into color image? (I have HP Photosmart scanner, plus Photoshop)

Re: How to Convert Film Negative to Positive Photos

Film negatives are precious.To avoid accidental scratches, they must be handled carefully.Many of us are apprehensive about giving those negatives to deal with labs for printing. It is also not possible to convert image a "negative" color image in "positive" image just by reversing the colors. PCFoto is specially developed for converting your valuable color negatives to positive photos right on the desktop.

I just tried Ctrl + i on Photoshop: it works, but the result is hardly exploitable. Normally the scanner light is sufficiently strong enough to take the negative. and then you can make a negative from the software.In Photoshop Elements 2.0>> Picture tab>> settings>> reverse , See also in the help, type negative

even with paint it is possible reverse color = Ctrl + I , also all Windows image editing application have this feature! Image -> Invert Colors. but if you want to add effect to it then You will need a photo editing software such as PhotoFiltre available for download on the official site: http://www.photofiltre.com/ If you have other programs such as photoshop or equivalent the basic principle will remains the meme.