Thread: Restore desktop settings on WindowsXp

Restore desktop settings on WindowsXp

I'm having a Compaq Presario laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that the Windows desktop resolution (screen size) keeps on changing automatically on my system. I don't know but it happens only whenever i reboot my system. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my system? What i need to do in order to get rid of the above issue? Can any body tell me that how do i restore my desktop settings? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Restore desktop settings on WindowsXp

Under some conditions, it may be useful to return the desktop settings to the original settings. Here are two small freewares for Windows that will save you from the hassles when you change screen resolution or want to have different setting for icons. You can try out Icon Restore program and DesktopOK program on your system in order to resolve the above issue.

These settings are Windows Standard for the desktop, and None for the background picture or image. To restore these original desktop you can try out Desktop Hijack fix on your system. It can be used to fix most problems in which your normal background is not displayed. Usually in the backgrounds place there is another image or website which has hijacked the desktop.

Icon Restore lets you save the state of your desktop icons and restore them . This small freeware installs LAYOUT.DLL (along with the required registry entries) from Microsoft. If your icons ever get moved because your computer entered in to safe mode or you changed the screen resolution,then you need to right click on My Computer (or any 'system' icon) and then need to left click on "Restore Desktop Icon Layout" from the pop up menu.