Thread: Restore desktop icons and taskbar "vbs"

Restore desktop icons and taskbar "vbs"

I have a Windows Xp installed on my system. When i start up my pc, it doesn't show desktop and taskbar on my pc. It shows that your restore desktop icons and taskbar "vbs" seems to be missing on your system. Can any body tell me that ho do i restore desktop icons and taskbar "vbs" on my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Restore desktop icons and taskbar "vbs"

Check out whether your system is not been infected or it doesn't have any kind of viruses on it. After that you need to download the "Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar" .vbs file from the internet on your system. Then you need to save it on your hard drive for that you need to right click and use Save Target As in order to save the file on your pc. Then you need to double click on the vbs file, then it will prompt you when the script is done.

In order to get rid of the above issue, you should try to use Ctrl/Alt/Delete keys, which will give out the end process on Explorer.exe on your system. Then you need to use File, then select Run and then you need to type in Explorer.exe.

According to me the above problem seem to be malware related. Any way you can also try out the following one too on your system, just right click on an empty area of the screen, and select "Arrange Icons by" and need to make sure that Show Desktop Icons is been ticked. Also you can scroll the mouse down at the very bottom of the screen and check out if it changes to a double headed arrow.