Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to slow down windows notification area arrow on xp

Customize Desktop

Old 01-07-2009

How to slow down windows notification area arrow on xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that whenever i try to work on my pc, a windows notification arrow keep on poping up on my desktop screen. So, can any body tell me that how to slow down windows notification area arrow on Windows Xp? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution to get rid of the above issue.

Old 01-07-2009

Re: How to slow down windows notification area arrow on xp

If the Notification area shows the dialog box on your desktop screen, then you need to check the box next to "Hide inactive icons," then click on Customize. Then the Customize Notifications dialog box appears will appear on your desktop screen. Then you need to click on the program's listing in the Behavior column, and then need to choose from the drop-down menu to hide the icon when the program is inactive, to always hide it, or to never hide it, you need to click on OK twice tab. Your changes will take effect immediately.
Old 01-07-2009

This application to set a shorcut for any action or application you want to launch from your keyboard quickly. You can make the window animation slow down by using the specifically command on your system. For that you need to Run regedit.exe on your pc, then try to navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows --> DWM". Then you need to right click on DWM folder. Then from the shortcut menu, choose New--> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value AnimationsShiftKey. Afterwards double-click this value on the right side: The AnimationsShiftKey entry you just made. In the "Value data" box, type 1 and finally click on OK tab.
Old 01-07-2009

For that you need to disable Windows Xp qos, stopping messenger from running at startup. So, go through each icon and find out what it is. Right-clicking usually brings up some options and you can often find a way of preventing it loading when Windows starts, or simply exiting them.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , ,