Thread: Restoring desktop image on Windows Xp

Restoring desktop image on Windows Xp

I had installed Windows Xp on my system. I often lose my desktop background and end up with a solid blue desktop screen on my pc. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? How can i restore my desktop image back on my system? Any ideas on how i can get rid of this and restore my ability to put my own pictures etc back in place. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Restoring desktop image on Windows Xp

For that you need to check out your settings. For that you need to click on your Start Menu, then select Run and need to type in Regedit. Now you need to check out whether your following key " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System " Then check out whether your Wallpaper has been listed in the right pane, then either you need to change its data value or delete it.

Control Sheets is a very simple desktop utility offering quick control over screen saver and display mode settings. It may be helpful, if you have to change these settings often. This usually happens due to improper shutdowns (like power failure or some device failure that may cause the computer to shutdown) or when some application or windows itself gets confused and triggers the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).

If you want, you can also try out the Restore Desktop program on your pc. Restore Desktop will store positions of everything you once placed on your desktop. If you use a Windows XP machine then there is very little chance that you have never seen the phrase “Restore Active Desktop” inplace of your wallpaper. If you would like to restore icon.s position manually, just right-click on your desktop and choose the "Restore Desktop" menu item.