Thread: How to Install New Fonts in Photoshop

How to Install New Fonts in Photoshop

I am Really inexperienced in information, please excuse my ignorance, but if someone is kind enough to explain me how to can i expand my list of fonts in photoshop , well I recently download photoshop CS3, and installed after that I have also downloaded fonts to supplement those of photoshop, but they are excluded from the font list. Can you tell me How can i install these font in Photoshop , Thank you in advance for your answers.

Re: How to Install New Fonts in Photoshop

I'm not sure but i Think it is enough to drag the fonts into windows/fonts folder , for this You Should Go to Control Panel and then in the "fonts" option and click "add new font" , There's nothing to do at photoshop, it will automatically retrieves the installed fonts

Here is the directory where you should copy the files of your fonts or font as you say: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\PDFL\7.0\Fonts , and restart photoshop

Fonts must be installed in the operating system. The list will automatically update in the Adobe software.

So you just download a new font and you want it to be taken into account by Windows and its applications.

To do this, open the Control Panel by clicking the Start button and then click Control Panel.

1. Double click on the Fonts icon.
    2. A browser window opens to the folder where are stored all the fonts on your computer.
    3. You have two methods to install your fonts. The first simply is to copy your font directly in this folder. If your policy is for example on the desktop, drag and drop it into the Fonts window.
    4. The other way is to click on the File menu of the Fonts window and select the Install New Font.
    5. Select the folder containing the font to install it, select it in the Font List, then click the OK button.
    6. Your fonts is automatically copied to the fonts folder. It is accessible from any program.

For example, in Word, pull down the list of fonts, you find that you just added are present.

Install a font in Windows Vista
    1. Installing a new font in Windows Vista is even easier than Windows XP.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the file of the font that you want to install.
    3. In the menu that appears, select the Install.
    4. Finally confirm the transaction by clicking the Yes button. The new font is then copied to the Fonts folder in Windows and can now be used with any software.