Thread: Windows system tray popup messages turn off Windows Xp

Windows system tray popup messages turn off Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my opearting system. The problem is that whenever i turn on my system a windows system tray popup a messages on my dsktop screen due to which my sytsem gets automatically turn off. So, can any body tell me that why does windows system tray popup messages turn off my Windows Xp? Why i'm facing such problem on my system? What i need to do in order to get rid of the above issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Any kind of help on the baove isseu would be appreciated.

Re: Windows system tray popup messages turn off Windows Xp

In order to disable the popup messages shown on your desktop screen, you need to right-click on the little red shield icon on yoyr task bar and then need to choose open Security Center from the menu. If you want, you can also open Security Center from your start menu. Then you need to click on the link for “Change the way Security Center alerts me”. Then it will prompt a dialog with three choices. You need to choose the bottom one if you don’t want the notifications anymore. That's it any your job is done.

According to me you need to disable the Windows Firewall in the Security Center,for that you need to click on the Windows Firewall link at the bottom of the dialog box. Also you can go to “options-->preferences” and then uncheck the “allow this program to run in the background” box. And then try going to “options-->privacy tab” and moving “all other users” to the block list , then need to check Off (not recommended) on the next window and then need to click on OK tab.

It might be also possible that your system may have been affected from viruses. It can also be that your registry entry may hve been corrupted on your system, due to which you may facing the above issue on your system. It is recommended that you try to scan your system with the help of some good antivirus program.