Thread: Animated image as a boot screen in Vista

Animated image as a boot screen in Vista

I want to keep the animated GIF as a boot screen in vista? How can i make it possible? I don't know if there any application available for this. I'm really noob in this type of stuffs. Please help me . Hope i was clear with my question. Thank you.

Re: Animated image as a boot screen in Vista

Animated boot screen is not possible. But you can get many good boot screens by using various good applications. GIF format is not supported for the boot screen.

No, it has to be png. As far as I know it is not possible to use GIF as your boot up screen. Use Tuneup utilities to put different background and wallpapers as your boot screen. I searched the google for your query but didn't found any positive response, so i think its not possible.

Try Boot Screen

Animated XP / Vista boot screens

Boot Screen package provides four animated Windows XP / Vista boot screens. They are based on Stardock's BootSkin 1.05a (aka 1.06 [4/26/04]), so if those screens do not work on your system, neither will these.

If you don't already have BootSkin, the service used by these screens
    must first be installed; run "bootscrn -i" to do it. If you do have BootSkin installed, running that command will preserve the current boot screen. However, do NOT run it more than once, as that will confuse it and it won't uninstall properly.

Uninstall can be performed by running "bootscrn -u". If BootSkin is installed, it will simply restore the previously used screen. Otherwise it will remove the service and its associated file. It's then up to you to delete the files and whatever else you created.

The boot screen can be changed by using "bootscrn FILE", where FILE is one of the files mentioned below, or any "vidstub.sys" file created by BootSkin (in the "%SystemRoot%system32drivers" directory). No vaidation is done on the file, and using a wrong file WILL stop your system from booting (delete or replace "vidstub.sys" from safe mode).

Vista users: you must run as administrator; it may not work with BootSkin files (the checksum needs to be right); it still seems to load in safe mode, so you'll have to use Last Known Good if it does go wrong; and the original screen may still sometimes be seen.
    Download it here : Boot Screen