Thread: Vista clock shows incorrect time

Vista clock shows incorrect time

Hi, i am Windows Vista user, it works fine and i am quite happy working on it except the one, Clock. My Vista clock that is on the taskbar keeps going slow or you can say it becomes late by 30mints and after 5 hours it becomes 1 hour back.It begins by being off by an hour and then at some point seems to get off by four or five hours. How can i make it correct permanently ? Thanks in advance..

Re: Vista clock shows incorrect time

Might be you are missing an update from Microsoft. Go to there update site, scan your computer and install the time zone update. Also Just click the clock in the system tray once to bring up the time. At the bottom of the box is says Change Time and Date Settings. Click on that, and then on the Internet Time tab and then the Change Settings box.Replace your CMOS (motherboard) battery for the clock problem. Reduce the number of applications in operation and, perhaps more RAM for the delay problem.

I think,its probably your battery's problem. Change the battery You may need to change your CMOS battery if your computer clock isn't accurate when you boot. However, if your pc loses time as the computer runs, that's another problem. And also check for any spyware on your system.It is important to get to the BIOS settings and any special settings down to write. If you remove and replace the battery quick enough, would you describe your installation, but it 'can not lose; s best to write everything down.

You can try a program as well to fix this issue. It is called as WebTime 2000. WebTime 2000 is a small utility program that will synchronize your PC's internal clock with one of the several atomic clocks maintained by the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology.