Thread: Can't open desktop folders on Windows Xp

Can't open desktop folders on Windows Xp

I had installed windows Xp on my system. The problem is that i'm unable to open my desktop folders or even i can't go into Start menu. However, i can use other applications in order to open those folders and can access the files, but i can't open them directly on my pc. Now, can any body tell me that why i can't open my desktop folders? Why i'm not able to open it on my pc? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Can't open desktop folders on Windows Xp

I think you need to disable all common startup programs, settings and other drivers in order to eliminate possible software conflicts when you try to start your Microsoft Windows XP. This procedure is known as "clean booting." It can be only done when it prompts you to reboot your system and it can be only done in Windows Safe-Mode and you have to login as a Admistrator.

I think for the above issue you can do a System Restore point on your system. For that you need to go in to your Control panel-->Folder Options--> Click on the items in order to change the setting to single click, if you had set it to double click. Apply & see if there is a difference and then go back and try to restore your preference.

Click on your Start menu and then select Run and then type in type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll and after you need to click on Ok tab. Then you will receive a message that the dll was successfully registered. And then you just need to reboot your system.