Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to change drive icons on Windows Xp

Customize Desktop

Old 12-06-2009

How to change drive icons on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that how to change drive icons on Windows Xp. Can any body tell me that how can change drive icons on Windows Xp? Can any body tell me that how can i do it? Would be grateful to you if any body help me out to change the drive icons on Windows Xp.

Old 13-06-2009

Re: How to change drive icons on Windows Xp

Follow the below steps mention.

1. First you need to Right-click on My Computer and then need to click on Manage.
2. Then under Computer Management you need to click on Disk Management. Then on the right pane, you’ll see your drives listed. You will find CD-ROM drives been listed at the bottom of the pane.
3. Then you need to Right-click on the drive or device you want to changeand then need to click on Change Drive Letter and Paths.
4. Then you need to click on Change and click on Assign the following drive letter. Then click on the drive letter you want to assign and then click on OK tab. That's it and your job is done.
Old 13-06-2009

If you want you can use StyleXP software on your system. It is a utility tool that can be used to change your desktop icons as well as your folder, my computer, control panel, my documents, my music, etc and even you can change your hard drive icons on your system. Not only that you can apply it as your themes on your system. You can even use it as your bootscreens and can also change the icons of your explorer bar.
Old 13-06-2009

For that you need to Right-click on the desktop and then choose Properties, then on the Desktop tab you need to choose the Customize Desktop button. Then on the Desktop Items dialog you need to select one of the icons and click on the Change Icon button. Then you need to just click on the Browse button and need to pick whichever icon file you want to change it. Now, you can change the icon for many folders by right-clicking on the folder and choosing Properties, and then clicking Change Icon on the Customize tab.
Old 09-11-2010

Hi All..
I have a FlashDisk and a n External Harddisk that infected by shortcut virus,sality,and other kind of spyware, I managed to remove them all but anti virus cannot repair the damaged has been done.
now if I plug my external harddisk, it would be SHOW as a Folder icon, not a harddisk icon, anyone could tell me how to fix this ? very appreciated for your answer,
I could fix my flashdisk from some explaination above..ARRIGATOOO..

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , ,