Thread: How to organize Start menu in Vista

How to organize Start menu in Vista

I bought a new Windows Vista System 2 weeks past. It nice with features and all. But talking about the Start menu, its very complicated, as per me. The easiest way to access any application on windows is desktop icon and next comes is Start Menu which i found easier in XP. Is there any way i can organize the Start Menu of Vista as well ? If yes, How ? Please make me know.

Re: How to organize Start menu in Vista

You can organize the Vista start menu with simple application know as Tidy Start Menu. It lets you to organize your Start Menu & Quick Launch Menu in Windows Vista and Xp as well and it help you to put the menu in order and make your work comfortable.For setting the menu in order, the program offers you to categorize the Menu. For example, the Internet programs can be put into the "Internet" category, while all games can be included in the "Games" category. Thus, after using the program, you will have a compact menu, which will contain nothing but categories' names.

if you will do it manually, You'll find that organization of your Start Menu can be an endless process. You need to organize into several different categories: Visual Programs, Audio Programs, Games, Writing Programs, Default Programs and perhaps others.You may have to click through the User Account Control permissions as you move folders, rename folders and create new ones.

Thanks any ways,, that application has done my work. Now i am able to organize my start menu easily and in the way i want. Thank you so much for sharing the app and for the quick reply.