Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

'E' key opens a windows explorer

Customize Desktop

Old 25-05-2009

'E' key opens a windows explorer

I am using a XP computer.Whenever i press E key on my keyboard, a new windows explorer gets opened. First i thought i have a problem with my keyboard, but i tried with another keyboard but the results is same. What can i do for this situation. Any suggestions ?

Old 25-05-2009

Re: 'E' key opens a windows explorer

Sometimes certain keys suddenly won't work - instead, they'll serve as shortcuts to other things. As per me it sounds like your "Windows" key is sticking. Because Win + E is the combination key to open a new windows explorer. Try cleaning the keyboard. Or Do a Ctrl +Alt +Delete and see what's running. Most likely an application has a quick-start or a "macro" installed to re-arrange keys.
Old 25-05-2009

Try to reset the keyboard with CTRL+ALT+Left Shift+F12. Failing that press the key that windows thinks is held down, and the problem should go away. It can also be the cause of any software or drivers installed for keyboard that has be gone ballistic. try to find it out and uninstall.
Old 25-05-2009

Let me try all this tricks.Hope this works for me. I even tried with another keyboard, but the problem is still alive so i dont think its keyboard's issue. Anyways, let me try this first. Thanks for the help.
Old 14-08-2009

Try Left CTRL+SHIFT+Windows key
Old 19-12-2011

ThumbsUp Re: 'E' key opens a windows explorer

Try Left CTRL+SHIFT+Windows key - worked for me... thanks.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , ,