Thread: Install DreamScene in Windows 7

Install DreamScene in Windows 7

I am running windows 7 and I heard that we can keep moving or setting pictures and videos in desktop background and this is possible with DreamScene and I am excited to have that feature on my desktop, can anyone here guide me how do i do this, please help!

Re: Install DreamScene in Windows 7

yes, this is possible with the Windows 7 and if you wanted to enable this with your desktop just follow the following steps:

1. You need to Download and unpack Windows7-DreamScene.zip
    2. If you are running your system with the multiple accounts then to enable that you need to Run Windows7-DreamScene.exe with administrator rights this will activate Windows DreamScene for Windows 7. The program willl automaticly restart explorer.
    3. DreamScene.exe execution will create a folder an new Windows DreamScene folder at the location: % Windir% \ Web \ folder. You can place the video file you would like as a DreamScene background.
    4. Now,you are almost there, select the videoclip file you want on your desktop to be set and you would also get an advantage that it also support .WMV or .MPG formated files and now you are set with your DreamScenes animated background, right click on the video media file you would like and pick "Use as desktop background".

Re: Unable to view DreamScene zip file

Thanks for your immediate reply, I have downloaded zip file but i am not able to see the dreamscence file, what would be the problem and because of that i cannot able to go forward for installation,

Hey Stephanie, this is something strange problem... have you given the proper location to store the downloaded file, it seems that you have given different location and your searching for the file in different location, or else there won't be any problem.
    Use your Internal search to search the DreamScene file, and let me know.

How do you run DreamScene.exe with administrator rights? When I click on the link it tells me to press any key to install, and then it tells me that I have to run it with administrator right. I dont know what to do. I have tried to run it as administrator, but it still does not work. Your help would be appreciated Dodge.

IF you are getting the Error for the Admin the try to run the program from command prompt as administrator. Just open the command prompt and then Right Click on the same and select the "Run as Administrator" and the run the program from the command prompt. It might help you for the installation of the same.