Thread: Windows 7 Aero 3D

Windows 7 Aero 3D

What is the Aero 3D effect in Windows! I have seen threads on Aero 3D effect in Windows Vista and many talks related to this elsewhere. What does this actually do?

Now again for Windows 7, there are talks related to Aero 3D. Since I had never used Vista so I never cared about this Aero 3D effect. But now for my Windows 7 I want to know about this Aero 3D. What 3D stuff is there?

Re: Windows 7 Aero 3D

Windows Aero is the graphical user interface and the default theme in most editions of Windows Vista and Windows 7, operating systems released by Microsoft. It is also available in Windows Server 2008. Its name is a backronym for Authentic, Energetic, Reflective and Open. Intended to be a cleaner, more powerful, more efficient and more aesthetically pleasing user interface than the previously used theme (Luna), it includes new translucency, live thumbnails, live icons, animations and eye candy. Aero also encompasses a set of user interface design guidelines for Microsoft Windows.

Since Windows Vista, and in Windows 7, Microsoft has added Windows Aero support which among its features is Flip 3D, an application window switcher that switches between running programs in live streaming 3D view. With Flip3D, a shortcut to activate Flip 3D task switching process is also been added to Quick Launch Bar in Windows Vista, providing alternative to Win + Tab keyboard accelerator to activate Flip 3D.

Are you asking about Windows 7 Aero Flip 3D? It is for switching between windows in Windows 7. Two ways to do this. You can do Flip 3D by pressing Win Key + Tab and you can do the other one by pressing Alt + Tab.

It's funny how they think such things are cumbersome when they go and make flip 3D, how many people actually use that instead of plain old alt+tab?

Aero Snap is a new feature which was added to Windows 7, where in you can drag any window to the top of your screen to maximize it or take it to the left or right to snap it to the side and re-size by 50 per cent and when you drag it back to the last position, the window size will be restored. Thus, Aero Snap is a simple but powerful application that allows you to resize, arrange or maximize your desktop windows with just drag and drop.

There is also Aero Shake effect in Windows 7.
    See this here - Aero Shake in Windows 7