Thread: Having Nusrmgr.cpl problem on Windows Xp

Having Nusrmgr.cpl problem on Windows Xp

Hey Everybody,

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. From last few days i had noticed that my User Accounts application i.e. nusrmgr.cpl seems to be not functioning properly on my system. I had seen few images where i can see red-crossed mark on some of the images. I'm using Vista Transformation Pack v6.0 on my system. Can any body help me out to get rid of the above problem. Would be grateful to you if anybody helps me out to resolve the above problem.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Having Nusrmgr.cpl problem on Windows Xp

You can try to extract(expanding)the file "nusrmgr.cpl". Just go to Start Menu--> Select Run-->then type msconfig--> and expand your file. You can also restore it from C:\WINNT\system32\dllcache as it is a hidden folder. So you can change your folder options and save it in C:\Windows\system32. If this does not work then you should try a repair on your XP installation.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps to enable scripting:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
    3. In the right pane, double-click 1400, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
    4. In the same registry subkey, look for a Security_HKLM_only entry. If this entry is present and has a value of 1, follow these steps:
    • In the right pane, double-click Security_HKLM_only, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK.

5. Exit Registry Editor.

When you finish these steps, try to activate Windows again.

To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order to get rid of the above issue.

Reregister Jscript.dll

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
    3. Click OK. If the file does not register as expected, or if you receive an error message, the system file may be missing or damaged. To extract the missing file in Windows XP, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
    3. Click Expand File.
    4. In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore.
    5. In the Restore from box, type the path of the Windows XP .cab file where you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file.

Note :-The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD.
    6. In the Save file in box, type the path where you want to extract the new file, or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want.
    7. Click Expand.
    8. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.