Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Picture & Fax Viewer Location ?

Customize Desktop

Old 07-05-2009

Windows Picture & Fax Viewer Location ?

Hello , My Windows Xp System was infected with Virus recently , And therefore My System was Damaged, After Removing the Virus , I Got to Know that many Files are Having Extension Problem They are Not opening With Program they were Meant the only option i have left is to open the File Right clicking them Choose the program from There . I Want to know Where is Windows picture and Fax viewar Located in Windows Xp So That I create a shorcut of It and manually load it When neccessary , please help me Solve this problem Thanks in advance For Your Suggestion

Old 07-05-2009
Dr. V

Re: Windows Picture & Fax Viewer Location ?

Hello , Windows Picture & Fax Viewer is not a an EXE file but is contained inside an MS DLL file. This is the path to it: rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1
Old 07-05-2009

There don't seem to be any .exe exact program files for it! You can open a blank Viewer by running

"rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw. dll, ImageView_Fullscreen" (remove space before dll)
in Start>Run. Drag and drop in an image and it'll show it.
You can create a short-cut of this on the desktop as well if you wish. Right-click desktop then new>shortcut paste in above, and it'll work the same way.

This means that it doesn't have its own program as this is how microsoft has designed it.
Old 07-05-2009

Hello , You can resolve this issue, just follow these steps:
  • Right-click the file, point to Open With, and then click Choose Program.

Note Make sure that the Microsoft Picture It! program that you want is selected.
  • Click Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
  • Click OK.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , ,