Thread: Enable Aero in Windows 7 with Registry Tweak

sad Enable Aero in Windows 7 with Registry Tweak

Hello Friends,

Recently i had installed Windows 7 on my system. After installing Windows 7 on my system, i came to know that my system requirement is not up-to the requirement of Windows 7. So, i would like to know that how do i enable Aero in Windows 7. Can any body tell me that how can i do it? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Enable Aero in Windows 7 with Registry Tweak

You can squeeze in that Aero effect by doing a registry hack.

• Click Start and click Run. Type Regedit and hit enter.
    • Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM folder.
    • In the right hand side, create three DWORD values.
    • And they are:

“UseMachineCheck” and its value as 0.

“Blur” and its value as 0.

“Animations” and its value as o.
    • Exit Regedit.
    • Again goto Start and Run. Type CMD with administrator status.
    • Next, type

Net Stop uxsms

Net Start uxsms

• Now Windows Session manager will open.
    • Now right click on the desktop and click Personalize and Windows Colors.

Thats it. Now you must be able to see the Aero effect in your Windows 7 even if you have a lesser configuration than the required one.

Follow these steps in the instruction below to force enable Windows Aero Glass Transparency effect on system with video card (graphic accelerator adapter) that does not meet the WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model ) specifications, which provides functionality required to render the desktop and applications using Desktop Window Manager, a compositing window manager running on top of Direct3D 9.0Ex, and provides device driver interfaces required by Direct3D 10 runtime used in Windows 7.

1. Open Registry Editor (RegEdit).
    2. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

If the DWM registry key is not found, right click on Windows and then select New --> Key to create new branch and name it as DWM.
    3. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit value) named UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.
    4. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value named Blur, and set its value to 0.
    5. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value named Animations, and set its value to 0.
    6. Restart the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager in Services in Control Panel (type Services.msc in Start Search), or run the following commands in a command prompt with administrator privileges:
    net stop uxsms
    net start uxsms
    7. Attempt to enable and apply Windows Aero in Windows 7. Restart the computer if required.

The trick above also may work to enable Aero on Windows 7 and Windows Vista installed on virtual machine (VM), especially in Virtual PC 2007. VPC 2007 uses S3 as virtual display adapter, which is capable of running Windows Aero. When the guest Windows 7 or Vista OS uses software-based hardware check after hack above, it will find only S3, couple with actual Aero-capable video card, may allow Aero to run in VMs as in real physical machine.