Thread: How to create and manage themes in Windows?

How to create and manage themes in Windows?

hello everyone,

I want to create and manage themes in my Windows system. Is there an option provided by Windows to do this or I need to download a software to do the same ? please suggest .....

Re: How to create and manage themes in Windows?

Theme Manager is a front end that seamlessly works with your other desktop enhancements to apply skins, themes, icon packages, and suites all from the same user interface. Once you have your desktop just the way you want, you can take a snapshot of your desktop that is saved as a .suite file.

License: Freeware |
    Price: $0.00 |
    Size: 1.8 MB |
    Platform: Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP, Windows CE |

Re: How to create and manage themes in Windows?

Theme files are Frontier files, they're exported tables. You can open a theme in Frontier manually.
    However, it's better to let the themes loader do the installing.

The themes loader first validates the table structure of the file to make sure it's a valid theme file. Then it performs security checks.
    It makes sure there are no script objects in the theme file. It makes sure that all the macros called in the various templates are legal macros on your server. Any illegal macros are neutered.

config.manila.themes

Themes are stored in config.manila.themes. The name of the theme file matches the name of a table in config.manila.themes. (Minus the .fttb suffix.) The name of a theme's table is usually similar to the name that's displayed in the themes site prefs page. However, it may not be the same. The theme's display name is stored at [theme].info.displayName.

You can edit your installed themes directly: config.manila.themes is your space.

When you've found a Manila site with a theme you want to install on your server, first download the theme file, then put it in the /Guest Databases/ops/themes/ folder. If the folder doesn't exist, create it.

At the beginning of every minute, Frontier checks for new and updated themes in the themes folder and installs any that it finds.

That's it: that's all it takes to install a theme.