Thread: How do i display seconds on system clock

idea How do i display seconds on system clock

Hello Friends,

I'm running Windows Xp on my system. I would like to know that how do i set up my Windows XP system clock to show in seconds? Is it possible for me to do so? Can any body provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How do i display seconds on system clock

Free Desktop Clock 2.2

View the time, seconds, month, week and day in different skins in the Windows system tray clock. Free Desktop Clock is the advanced replacement for standard Windows tray clock. Over 50 skins are included in the distribution. It's also an atomic-time synchronizer.

It's mostly just to be used as a cool trick you can show off to your friends, so we're going to show you how it works.

• The way this trick works is by modifying the regional settings for the time format.
    • Instead of using just AM or PM, you can put up to 12 characters of text in that field.
    • Start by opening Regional and Language Options from the start menu search box or the control panel.
    • On the Formats tab you'll see the "Customize this format" button, which you'll need to choose.
    • Select the Time tab, and then here's where we can make whatever settings we want.
    • Choose to set mine to "AM - Geek" so I could still see AM or PM, but you can choose any 12 characters for either field. Keep in mind that the PM symbol is only going to display during the "PM" hours.

This does change more than just the displayed clock, so I'd advise not using this on a computer you do actual work on. Using the F5 key in notepad shows the "Geek" text as well.

Sets Time Automatically on Start-Up

ClockWatch can be set to check your clock every time you start your computer. ClockWatch will check the time, make the setting and then exit automatically in the background. This works best when your computer is normally connected to the Internet, such as on a broadband and network connection. Here's how to set it up

1. Start ClockWatch
    2. Go to Options-->Settings. Check the "Set time once and then exit" option;
    3. Go to Options-->Display. Check the "Startup automatically" option;
    4. Press OK and exit ClockWatch, saving the changes

The next time you start your computer, you'll see the ClockWatch banner and main screen. This indicates that ClockWatch is in the process of making a time check, setting the clock, and then exiting. You can check the progress by placing your mouse over the ClockWatch clock icon in the system tray.

viser1000 Guest

smile Re: How do i display seconds on system clock

you can use desktop clock from Posibolt Software