Thread: Short film / Animation

Short film / Animation

Hey, in a few weeks we should begin to make the film in school. Me and a friend would like to make a animation or short film of about 7 min. We can part in wings 3d and PS so what is the best way to do first. I thought that we would learn a blender and make a film in which I do not think we have time to do it.

So now I thought that perhaps could do some form of gif animation or cliff jump them.

What is the best way was with the tips, which programs should I use? Write everything you know / can be / think we should do to cope with it.

Re: Short film / Animation

Make a stop motion animation in the poop. Write it as a animation but at the end of the movie you are writing "Btw, its not clay. Its shit."

In Ps CS3, there are - believe it or not - a rather advanced animation system (in the same spirit as After Effects). Go to Window and set up the window 'Animation', make sure that you are in position of Timeline (instead of Frame Animation). You access the menu to ask about this at the top right of the animation window (which usually settles at the bottom of the program).

Is it longer animations, however, so I recommend Flash CS4.

Good luck.

Hmm... 7 minutes, it is * fast * ARITHMETIC approximately 10,080 frames. Can you really sit and write all these separate (or even modify an image 10,000 times)? Maybe not really necessary with so many, then you can add the same image in 3-4 frames without the brand name worth.

Just gif takes a very long time to do, if you have it so long! Where would I rather made a stop-motion or similar.

Just to pick up the camera, do something stupid and throw into the Windows Movie Maker. Pick out where the frames (or short sequences of film) as you want and arrange in a suitable manner. It takes around one-two days to make a 5-7 minute film in that way!

A classic way is to jump, take a step, jump, take a step (yes you take) and then cut when you're in about the same height all the way, so it looks as if you float up!