Thread: Simplified Display Properties? What gives?!

ohmy Simplified Display Properties? What gives?!

Thanks in-advance for your time and knowledge -

I think I know what the problem is (or related to) but I don't know how to fix it.
    I can't access a 'full' Display Properties window by right-clicking on the desktop NOR by accessing 'Display' from the Control Panel.

By 'full', I mean the only option I have is change the Windows Theme, lame!
    When I access the Device Manager, I notice a yellow exclamation mark by the Display Driver - and theres an error - the device is not working - the help and support troubleshooter suggests uninstalling and re-installing the driver, which I do, which eliminates the error and exclamation mark, but doesn't solve my problem. In FACT, when I restart - the driver error has returned!

Help!

ANd THanks!

Re: Simplified Display Properties? What gives?!

Try downloading display driver Or update your driver & then install it again on your computer May help You!

What is your computer specifications? Have you tried rolling back the driver for your graphic? Is it the latest driver? Is it the correct driver?

use a driver remover tool... enter safe mode, completely remove the display drivers...etc, and re-install using the CD that came with your computer (i'm guessing Dell or HP).

Here's a link for a driver remover.. http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

To enter safe mode, restart your PC, press F8 to enter boot menu, and select "safe mode" with your arrow keys.

Enter safe mode, run driver sweeper, delete drivers, restart pc normally, install drivers, restart, should be done =D.

Hey!
    I guess you know its the display drivers issue...! Well have you recently downloaded and installed windows update? That might be causing the problem... Well i recommend you to download latest drivers for your display adapter. Uninstall the older drivers and restart your computer install the latest drivers that you download...! If that doesn't work try to do a system restore...! All the best..!

Dr. V Guest

To Restore Display Icon in Control Panel Go to the link below and scroll down to line 203 (left column) and click on "Restore Display Icon in Control Panel" to download a reg file and save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. Your Access problem might be resolved

Yogesh Guest

Please note:
    Thread moved from Operating Systems to Customize Desktop