Thread: Need application to search images

Need application to search images

hi friends,

I need an application that helps me to search images such that when it performs searching, it only searches for the images (and not text, audio or video files) from different sources. Is there any such application available ?

please help....

Re: Need application to search images

Ginipic is a desktop utility for Windows that lets you search for images from Flickr, Google Images, Yahoo! Images, SmugMug, deviantArt, Live Search, Picasa, Photobucket, Facebook, and Fotolia. You can search for pictures from a single source, a list of favorites, or all source at once.

You can also use Ginipic to search for photos on your desktop.
    By default it will search your My Pictures folder in the My Documents area, but you can choose any directory to search.
    When you click on an image in the search results a preview window shows up to show the image. From this window you can email the image, copy it, set it as your Windows desktop background, save the image, or mark it as a favorite. You can also see it in the original context, which means Ginipic will open the web page or desktop folder where the image was originally found.

Ginipic can be docked to the side of your display or you can minimize the application or set it to float like any other Windows program. You can also maximize the program to view a wall of images.

Image Typhoon 2008

Image Typhoon is an image search and display program that can access images from the internet. Using a keyword to search and clicking go it will find literally millions of relevant images from multiple sources.

Results are returned instantly.and the possibilities are almost endless. Images returned are displayed with their size and hosting location. They can also be stored for browsing later. Image Typhoon also has a safe mode to limit mature content, and also has a password protect feature.In addition, Image Typhoon features powerful filtering functionality that will enable you to exclude thumbnail photos and banners from all the results returned.

Requirements : Microsoft Visual J# .NET

I would also certainly recommend you for using Ginipic. Ginipic is the Best image search application ever.

Ginipic is a small light weight application, which allows you to search the images over the web.

Ginipic installation can be done by downloading a 3.6Mbs setup file, once installed launch it and key in any keyword to search images, the results rendered can be comprehensive if you want, i.e. you can either choose a channel for your image search, like Google, Yahoo, Flickr etc. or you can search them all together.

Once you search for images, and get the results, you can click on the thumbnails to -
    • Get the information about image (resolution, size, title, file type etc.), you can go to the page where the image is located in one click.
    • You can share the image directly from Ginipic interface, either by email or via any social networking site.
    • You can save the image, set it as your desktop background, copy it to use anywhere like PowerPoint presentations, documents etc., and tag it too, without leaving the Ginipic interface.