Thread: Problem with taskbar button width & aero theme in Windows Vista

ohmy Problem with taskbar button width & aero theme in Windows Vista

Hello Everybody,

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. Currently i'm having problem with my task bar button width & Aero theme. The problem started only after i had downloaded Windows 7 themes on my pc. I thought it could be easily uninstalled, but now i'm unable to uninstall it from my pc. Can any one help me out to regain my Windows Vista themes on my system? Does anybody knows how can i get back my Windows Vista themes on my system? Any kind of information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with taskbar button width & aero theme in Windows Vista

Windows 7 taskbar doesn't show text in application buttons, it only show their icons. On the other hand previous Windows versions used to show icon as well as text in all application's taskbar buttons.

Actually Windows 7 new iconized taskbar feature looks good and it also saves space in taskbar area. If you want to have the same feature in Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, 2008, etc, then you can get it after following a few simple and easy steps.

So here are the steps to follow:

1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. Now go to following key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics.
    2. In right-side pane, create a new String value MinWidth and set its value to -255.
    3. That's it. Log off or restart your system and get ready to have iconized taskbar in your system.
    4. To restore default taskbar behavior, delete the MinWidth String value and log off or restart your system.

PS: If you want a ready-made registry script which can do the task automatically, then download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the Install.reg file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it.

• New taskbar configuration options such as always on top, autohide or locked can again be configured per taskbar if desired, default is to use the same settings as the main taskbar. Taskbars for a specific monitor can be disabled via UltraMon Options--> Smart Taskbar--> More options.
    • Window management: Cascading and tiling all windows or only those on a specific monitor, as well as Show Desktop for the whole desktop or a specific monitor, can be done via the main UltraMon menu and the right-click menu of UltraMon taskbars
    • Task Manager option on UltraMon taskbars: an option to open the Task Manager has been added to the right-click menu of UltraMon taskbars

To install the Windows Aero theme, double click WinAero.wba and wait until WindowBlinds says that Windows Aero has been installed.

To install the Styler theme, Copy the Windows Aero folder to C:\Program Files\Styler\TB\Skins\Styler's

Instructions for Userpicture and Taskbar Changing Kits are included in it.

If you use styler TB drop shadow feature, you need to use nobar shadow to avoid shadow under the taskbar; otherwise Styler will put a shadow below the transparent taskbar. If you do not use stylerTB drop shadow, this section can be ignored.

Put "styler\shadow\nobar" in the package into the stylerTB folder (usually c:\program files\styler\). Then select styler options--> Desktop--> Drop Shadow--> nobar