Thread: Shutdown Options Gadget doesn't in Windows 7

sad Shutdown Options Gadget doesn't in Windows 7

Hello Everyone,

I'm running windows 7 as my operating system. The problem is that my Shutdown Options Gadget is not working in Windows 7. I don't know but its not working any more on my Windows 7. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Shutdown Options Gadget doesn't in Windows 7

Seems that Windows 7 has changed the way they handle UTF-8 files. I suppose it could be looking for an en-US directory, and other like directories, and if not found, raises an error of some sort, or perhaps stops all scripts from running in the html file. This doesn’t cause a problem in Vista, or XP, however definitely something has changed concerning UTF-8 files.

I was able to fix this issue twice, once with NAV 2009 and once with the current Norton 360 beta. I noticed a message in the upper right of my display embedded in my Slide Show Gadget. It said something like System Secure. The two word message was bold and underlined and had the word Secure for sure, not certain about the word System. Anyway, putting my mouse to the right of this message revealed an X for closing which I did. After closing it, the message did not return on re-boot and the crash error noted above did not return. I looked for a related message on this crash under Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Event Viewer-->Windows Logs-->Application and System, but found nothing.

This may help you in writing a script for shutting down Gadgets and Gnome if you still want/need to. You could also use GTKDialog or Zenity (Search Google) to put a GUI to your script. For Your Information, the Google Gadgets run command is "ggl-gtk" so if you want to stop Google Gadgets it'll be "killall ggl-gtk".

Fast Shutdown Gadget 1

The Fast Shutdown Gadget displays a menu on your sidebar/desktop from where you can shutdown or lock your computer. The Fast Shutdown Gadget enables you to quickly turn off, restart or lock your computer. Using the Fast Shutdown Gadget you can access these options from your sidebar or desktop.

This method uses the same “shutdown” command as above. The only difference is that we put the command into a shortcut so that we can launch it quickly.

Right click on your desktop--> Select “New”--> Select “Shortcut”--> In the path put in: shutdown -m \\computername -s

Call it whatever you want and change the icon if you would like.

Now you have a shortcut that when it is launched will shutdown the remote computer. How easy is that!!