Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How do i Copy and Paste MS-DOS text ?

Customize Desktop

Old 03-04-2009

How do i Copy and Paste MS-DOS text ?

Hello,

Everything is in the title. i wanna copy paste the text of MS-DOS window.

How can i?

Thanks for any reply.

Old 03-04-2009

Re: How do i Copy and Paste MS-DOS text ?

And yes anything is possible, even the unthinkable! Indeed for those who can not move the mouse even when working in a command prompt, and this trick is for you. You can enable QuickEdit option (disabled by default), so you can paste your text strings in the console:
  • Start, Run and type regedit
  • Open: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console.
  • Create (or modify) a new value of type DWORD and name it QuickEdit.
  • Assign it a value of 1.
Old 03-04-2009

Re: How do i Copy and Paste MS-DOS text ?

To copy text from an MS-DOS window, simply highlight the text you wish to copy. Once the text has been highlighted, right-click the selected text and click copy, click the text with your right button, or press CTRL + C.

If you're unable to highlight text in the window, right-click on the title bar and click Properties; in the Properties window, click the Options tab, and check the "QuickEdit Mode" and click the Ok button.

Windows will prompt you how you wish to apply the new changes. If you wish to always have this option available (recommended), select "Save properties for future windows with same title" and click Ok.

To paste text, simply click your right mouse button.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: ,